Sunday, July 15, 2007

BUDGET POEM

The single largest financial event in our country is the Union Budget,
Which is the ruling party's and finance minister's mighty Gadget;

Fate of industries, business and various sectors depend on levels of Taxation,
Which, when imposed, deprive the common man time for any Relaxation;

Various taxes coming in layers, to be paid in complexity of Forms,
Are slowly and steadily getting established as permanent Norms;

Multiple levies and formation of tax brackets surely cause a lot of Mess,
To add to our woes, these are supplemented by addition of Education Cess!

Our country's overall budgetary Fiscal deficit stands at 3.7% of GDP,
A rate which has to be reduced further to avoid shooting up of FM's BP!

Thrust is always on rural sectors, farming and Information Technology,
For, these are areas where Govt. can easily play no investor's Psychology;

FM comes hard on commodities, cement and Steel,
Making them believe that they always get a raw Deal;

However best the FM tries to curb Inflation,
He cannot control the trends of price Escalation!

Excise and Custom duties are lowered with an art of Jugglery,
Leaving good room for exporters and importers to resort to Burglary!

Despite all the wailing, industries, politicians and businesses continue to Flourish,
Leaving the innocent tax-payer and my dearest common man's savings to Perish;

Wake up dear friends, and voice your concerns and valued Opinion,
Do it all alone, if you have to, even without waiting for any Companion.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the worst poem that I have ever read. It is so bad that I am now pissing blood out of my brain.

Well done.

Anonymous said...

And now we know what would've happened if there'd been a global economic meltdown during McGonagall's lifetime. I can feel the tumours growing in my brain as they try and shut down the horror I experienced on reading your "poem".

Anonymous said...

The trochaic substitution in the line 'Excise and Custom duties are lowered with an art of Jugglery,' made me weak at the knees. Then again I am arthritic.

Anonymous said...

That was brilliant. Do you have any more?

I only ask because this was so dreadful it cured my constipation by relaxing my bowels so much I shat my appendix. I can see a market.

Anonymous said...

so, in light of the fact that none of us will ever achieve the poetic genius of the mighty Ashok, what's everyone up to tonight then?

Anonymous said...

so, in light of the fact that none of us will ever achieve the poetic genius of the mighty Ashok, what's everyone up to tonight then?